Following is text about the 20/21 Matlab license -
The campus Matlab license was recently renewed for 2020/21. Mathworks has made some changes to campus wide site licensing. Here are the highlights:
1) The new license includes access to ALL Matlab Toolboxes. If any of your users have purchased any Toolbox licenses that were outside of the scope of the old license, there is no need for those Toolbox licenses to be renewed.
2) Matlab Grader is now included and has been integrated into Gauchospace.
3) Mathworks is now including online training: https://www.mathworks.com/products/campus-wide-training.html
4) Mathworks is now allowing third party access to the campus license to facilitate research with remote, non-ucsb collaborators. Details here: https://www.mathworks.com/support/collaborative-research-academia.html
Users will need to renew their license. From Mathworks support:
Subject Line: Attention MATLAB Users – Steps to update your MATLAB installation
University of California Santa Barbara has renewed our campus-wide license to MATLAB & Simulink. We have upgraded our license to the full suite of products, providing all available products. In addition, we have licensed the MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite, which offers self-paced training courses that are available to all faculty, researchers, staff and students.
For continued access to MATLAB, you will need to update the license file.
1. Open MATLAB (If the license has already expired the activation client will launch and you can skip the next step)
2. Navigate to Help Menu and select Licensing
3. Click on Activate Software
4. Choose to Activate using Internet
5. Once reactivated you will need to restart MATLAB before the new license file is recognized If the installation has already expired, you will be prompted to activate when attempting to launch MATLAB.
As long as the activation finishes successfully it will roll over to the new license file once the old one expires. You might continue to see the expiration warning in MATLAB until the old file expires.
Old info -
here is an updated link for matlab -
YES. As of September 2016.
campus announcement below -
Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 10:31 AM
Subject: [DLIST-L] On Behalf of Matt Hall: MATLAB Site License